The Practice was established in 1971 in New Barnet by Geoffrey Paradise. Forty years later the practice is still independently owned and continues to provide a friendly, caring & professional service for the local community. We work in partnership with our clients to find the most suitable solution to their pet health needs. Where there are a number of options for the treatment of your pet, we will discuss these with you so that you can decide upon which is the most appropriate.
The Practice moved to new premises in East Barnet Village in February 2011. Go to the News page for more information about the move.
Our appointments are fifteen or thirty minutes long, plenty of time to discuss your concerns with the Vet of your choice.
We are an RCVS Accredited Practice. This means that we are regularly inspected by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to ensure that we maintain the highest standards. This is a voluntary scheme: not all Veterinary Practices allow themselves to be inspected in this way.
The Practice is an independently owned, therefore we are able to provide an individual level of care to all our patients and clients. None of our staff are paid on commission.
We have a very low turnover of staff, which allows clients to maintain a close partnership with a particular Vet of their choice.We believe that continuity is very important and that seeing the same Veterinary Surgeon (if you wish) leads to better care for your pet.
We do not have any Branch Surgeries: all of our facilities are on one site. This allows us to continuously invest in new equipment & techniques
Our aim is to provide the best possible care for your pet, our patient, in partnership with you, the owner. To this end we promise to:
• Treat you and your pet with care, courtesy and respect.
• Treat you as a partner and discuss fully the options and implications of treatment so that between us we can do the best for your pet.
• Be open to see you by appointment seven days a week and to provide a full service for genuine emergencies at any time of the day or
night. We aim to see all appointments promptly.
• Provide experienced and qualified staff to maintain the highest standard of care for your pet.
• Inform you of any special services your pet may need and where appropriate refer to other centres of excellence for specialist attention.
• Provide continuity of care by encouraging you to see the Veterinary Surgeon of your choice.
• Telephone you promptly with the results and implications of laboratory tests.
• Regularly update you on the progress of your pet when hospitalised at the practice and discuss ongoing treatment with you .
• To provide an estimate for any procedure we recommend and where possible to keep you informed of costs of ongoing treatment.
• Deal with any complaints promptly and fairly.