Canine Health Care
Starting out? – check out our ‘PUPPY PACK’ in which we have put together what we feel are the key factors to give your pet the best possible start to life.
Additional factors to consider;
1. We recommend that you research & consider Pet Insurance for your Pet. As a practice we promote Vetsure Pet Insurance which only offers Lifelong Policies. Click on the button below for more details.
3. Ongoing preventative care - see our affordable Pet Healthcare Plan
4. Life- stage diets – formulated for optimal growth in puppies, active adulthood and maintaining good health into senior years.
5. Socialisation and puppy training – Click Here for details of our in-house training courses.
** By purchasing the Puppy Pack you will receive a discounted price for these key items to provide the best start for your puppy **
Dogs & Puppies
Infectious Canine Hepatits (Adenovirus)
** The ANNUAL booster vaccination will protect against Distemper, Parvo , Adenovirus and Leptospirosis **
Puppies require two initial vaccinations to protect them against Distemper,
Parvovirus, Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Leptospirosis & Parainfluenza.
We would also recommend an intranasal Kennel Cough Vaccination.
Dogs then require boosters every year to maintain immunity. At the time of their yearly vaccination, we will give your dog a health check. Regular checks will pick up any problems early, when they can be more easily treated.
Internal Parasites - Worms
We recommend Advocate Spot-on every 4 WEEKS to control fleas, Mange & Lungworm.
We also advise the use of Droncit tablets every 6 MONTHS to eliminate tapeworm.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO NON-PRESCRIPTION PRODUCTS
(ie. Pet shop products) AVAILABLE TO CONTROL MANGE IN DOGS.
Frontline does NOT protect against mange or ear mites.
To control juvenile stages, we recommend the use of Indorex spray in the house (but NOT on the pets) together with washing bedding, vacuuming etc.
Frontline spot-on will help control fleas but has no action against worms.
We recommend the MONTHLY application of Advocate Spot on to control fleas in dogs.
Check list for ongoing preventative care in Puppies & Dogs
1. Annual vaccination and health check
2. Monthly application of Advocate Spot-on to control Fleas, Mange & Lungworm
3. Use of Dronsit tablets every 6 months to eliminate Tapeworms
SEE OUR PET HEALTHCARE PLAN WHICH WILL PROVIDE ALL THE ABOVE
FOR AFFORDABLE MONTHLY PAYMENTS
We recommend monthly treatment with Advocate Spot on to prevent mange and ear mites.
If ear mites are already present we may also need to use some topical products
NEUTERING ( Females - Spaying , Males - Castration )
We recommend that all dogs are neutered unless they are part of a breeding programme.
By Law all dogs in the UK should be Identichipped
We recommend that you consider pet insurance cover.